Noooooooo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noooooooo!

I just put the first nice dent into my DK1. I was placing it in the case and the top half of the case came down right onto it. The metal edge put a nick into the top side of the body [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

It's not exposed wood or anything. It looks like I broke the shell on an M&M [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] Is there any little touch-ups that can be done for this? And places to do them around Colorado?

Re: Noooooooo!

I would suggest a few more dents and scratches are in order. Then you will no longer have to worry about it and you can concentrate on ripping which is exactly what guitars like yours were made to do. It's your destiny Luke.......

Comment

I figured the first thing I'd get would be "bang it up a little more, kid!"

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I was the same until I got my first scratch on the headstock of my KV2 banging the thing on a shelf. Since then i'm definitely less worried now. So now if it goes bang on something I dont get a heart attack and instnatly put it under a bright lamp to see what damage is done!

Guitars all need to be broken in via a first scratch or ding. It makes your life much easier.

Comment

Or, buy them used and previously enjoyed, and you won't have to worry about being the one who makes the first flaw in the guitar. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

No, I definitely want to be the first to ding my guitars, but I'll admit, some of mine with the best "mojo" were purchased used and broke in nicely. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X