What model is this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What model is this ?

Hi! I am really glad I found this group !

I bought a used Charvel guitar last year but after a lot of research I still don't know if this guitar is genuine or a fake. I cannot find any model exactly like this on the Net...

I really like the guitar and I think it sounds great! It has Seymour Duncan pups and Jackson (Floyd) trem. The plate says <strike>Forth Knox</strike> [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Fort Worth on the back with SN: 327642.

Other images available:

http://michel.poirier.net/images/front.jpg

http://michel.poirier.net/images/back.jpg

http://michel.poirier.net/images/head.jpg

http://michel.poirier.net/images/plate.jpg

Can someone help ?

Thanks,

Michel

[ November 29, 2002, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: michel ]

Re: What model is this ?

i think they called those the 375 i could be wrong
    also those pickups are upgrades that would of came with Jackson pickups

also Fort Knox [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] you mean Fort Worth

[ November 29, 2002, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

It is a 375 Deluxe ( I had one years ago in Desert Crackle Finish) They were made around `89.
      Thre were three models in the Deluxe range.....
      The 275, which was more of a Strat body and used a JT6 Tremolo, the 375 and the 475. This latter model had sharkfin inlays, bound fingerboard and active electronics. Hope this helps
      Steve.

Comment

So it IS a genuine Charvel... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys!

Comment

Looks like it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] , but the pickups are not the originals.

Comment

Originally posted by michel:
            So it IS a genuine Charvel... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks guys!
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's genuine but is imported.. not USA ..
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

looks puuurrrttty!

Comment

That looks like a GC 36th Anniversary Jackson Dinky body with a Charvel neck. I'd recognize that bland flametop anywhere :lol
                Is the back lacewood?

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, I just went, like, crazy man, and clicked on Michel's link designated "back" and it showed the flamed maple on the other, non-front side, too. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

The last 375 I saw in person was just like this one and had the same flamage front and back.
                  Hail yesterday

Comment

Speaking of Lacewood, man is it cool. I just bought a NOS US Master LeGrande Lacewood Deluxe. First off Lacewwod looks cool and sounds very similar to mahogany and weighs about the same.Then combine that with the quality of US Masters guitars and let me tell you it is 1 awsome combo [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

Hmmm,"genuine but imported"... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Unfortunately, it means the "Fort Worth" plate is meaningless? Thanks anyway for the info.

I already knew that the guy who sold it to me put those pick-ups on it. How are imported guitars rated ? Is there a big difference with the "real" US guitars? I never really tried a "US made" Charvel/Jackson.

I still like the guitar a lot ! I just want to get the status on it...

Thanks again,

Michel

Comment

The Fort Worth plate isn't meaningless, just a little confusing to those unfamiliar with these guitars. Fort Worth is the facility where the import guitars were sent to get the final setup before being sent out. Unfortunately, this facility was recently shut down after Fender bought Jackson/Charvel. Maybe Black Mariah could tell what all was involved in setting up the guitars (and if any finishing of the guitars were done) before being sent out.

The Charvel series from this era (89-93) were high quality. All Charvels at this time were imports, mostly from Japan. The hardware and pickups were the same as most US Jackson guitars of the time, and they used the high quality Schaller-made Floyd.

Now how do these compare to the early 80s San Dimas Charvels? Well, I can't answer that 'cos I never played one! But from what I hear, the neck contour is a bit different on San Dimas necks, plus there's the whole mojo thing which I won't go into [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        But I find the import necks to be really comfortable IMO. And if Doc Dryer were to chime in, he'd tell you that the Japanese-made charvels are the best bang-for-the-buck out there!
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
                        X