Charvel trem question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel trem question

I have a question on an early 90's Charvel Avenger with a Charvel licensed Floyd on it. The bar is missing. Is it a pop in or screw in? Also, can I drop in an OFR if I decide to tear the original trem out?

Re: Charvel trem question

A Charvel trem would be a Schaller with a Charvel logo on it, right?

It can be replaced with a OFR if the trem is non-recessed (flush mount). BUT if you try and replace it with a OFR and the guitar has a recessed trem-route, the longer string-clamping screws of the OFR will not allow you to pull up very much(or pull up at all), as they will be outside the Charvel trems route, hitting the body when you pull up on the trem.

Hope this helps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I think those were JT-6's, which would have a screw-in bar. The best thing to do would be to buy the trem arm assembly for an OFR and replace it. The screw-in arms are notoriously horrible, and the replacement takes about 20 seconds to do. IIRC, an OFR will fit on there but don't quote me on that.

Comment

the avenger takes the screw in kind. its a schaller charvel liscensed trem with a reccessed trem cavity. the older JT-6 trem takes the pop in kind.

Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Thanks Reb... how did you know?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

John, those are the Schaller style trems and accept a standard 6mm threaded Floyd type bar. If you need one I keep a few in stock.
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
              I think those were JT-6's, which would have a screw-in bar.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nope. The JT-6 has a pop-in bar. Where you been? [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by mm2002:
                John, those are the Schaller style trems and accept a standard 6mm threaded Floyd type bar. If you need one I keep a few in stock.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I am definately going to need one in black if possible. Let me know how much $. I didn't recieve the Charvel Avenger from a fellow JCF'r yet but it will be here soon.I have a full set of silver flames that are for a Rhoads that I am going to put on it.Silver flames will look great against a blue body. BTW, I received your pickup in the mail today. I will pot it and fix it all up tomorrow night and send it back out to you on friday. It will be better than new when you get it back.

Comment

Working...
                X