Jackson Rhoades Pro & EMGs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Rhoades Pro & EMGs

I have a stock Jackson Rhoades Professional, 2 Hums, 1 Volume, 1 Tone, and a preamp. I would like to install an 81/85 or 81/81 combo, my question is can I use the Jackson preamp or should I buy another.
    What do you guys suggest? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    Thanks in advance
    Just one more guitar!

Re: Jackson Rhoades Pro & EMGs

I don't think you can use Jackson's preamp with EMGs, but maybe. [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] You can get EMG's PA-2 preamp system that works with EMGs as well as passive pickups. If you go with the 81/85 combo, I'd try the 85 in the bridge and the 81 in the neck. It seems to sound better that way, IMO. You can always swap them around the other way with the quick-disconnect cable they come with.

BTW, it's Rhoads! [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You can absolutely use the EMG's with the Jackson preamp. In fact, if you go that route (as I have done on countless Jacksons) you won't even need EMG's 25 K ohm pots. Find the battery wire that feeds the active circuit and run a jumper to it that will "feed" the EMG's. Often the mid boost circuit is too subtle with EMG's. With Jackson pickups it's much more pronounced. Most guys remove everything and put EMG's in from the ground up. Your call, try both, either way you'll get good results.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

go 81/81, you'll be glad you did.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment