Wiring issues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring issues!

I finally got my EMG's in my Kv2!! But the sound isn't as fat as it should be!! My sl1 with and 81 sounds quite a bit fatter! So I thought my luthier might have put in a weak battery, and so I put in a new one! Sounded the same! So I took a peek in the cavity and saw how shitty a job he did! I saw one wire that was crimped and shit? Could this be why it isn't sounding up to par??
    I love admins!

A bad wiring (or as I found) bad grounding issue could cause what you're experiencing If the other two pickups sound fine, then it's a issue with that one pickup. If all sound crappy, then it's the common ground. I ended up taking the whole thing apart and testing at each stage for problems.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
      A bad wiring (or as I found) bad grounding issue could cause what you're experiencing If the other two pickups sound fine, then it's a issue with that one pickup. If all sound crappy, then it's the common ground. I ended up taking the whole thing apart and testing at each stage for problems.

joe...
      Well I got a EMG 60 in the neck, and an EMG 81 in the bridge. And they both kinda seem a little wimpish for active EMG's! I think I'll end up taking it to my amp doctor!
      I love admins!

Comment

FYI you dont need to ground EMGs to the guitar as they are internally grounded.

Comment

Working...
        X