10 string guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 string guitars

I was looking at some BC Rich Bich's and I noticed 10 strings on 'em, like 4 additional strings together with the 4 higher strings. Looks like a 12 string, but without the bottom strings doubled.

What is it for? Obviously, I figured "duh! to have a mix between a 12 string guitar and a 6 string guitar, but you can use the bottom strings as well". Thing is, is this meant to be used with distortion or something? How will that sound? Besides... the shape of that guitar don't bring up "clean strummed chords", it actually looks like a "metal" guitar, being shaped like an AXE and all.

Maybe there's some other reason? Why does it have like 10 different knobs, switches, etc etc?

Read this thread.
    http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66612
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It sounds like a normal 12 string, without the top two strings. That's it. As for the electronics...it can certainly produce some very diverse sounds.

Here's the original advert for the Bich 10...

Last edited by Sanctuary; 02-24-2007, 03:17 AM.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Playing leads and playing with a lot of distortion isn't a problem, even with chords. The extra strings are 9's and 11's. No mud whatsoever. Bending strings isn't easy though.

Comment

Working...
        X