Tuners and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuners and...

intonation. I know a lot of guys say you need a strobe, then other guys say you just need a "good" tuner. What specific brand/model tuner does the job properly without spending $300.00 on a tuner!?
    Thanks...
    Paul
    Hear the universe scream
    Bleeding from black holes
    Whom horns careless
    And whom God mourns

I use a Korg GA40 and it is really good. The Korg AW1 is really nice as well, but I dont know how it would work on a Floyd rose guitar, and Im not sure if it can tune down like the GA40 (which can tune down up to 5 semi tones).

Comment

I picked up a mint used Sabine RT-7100 for $100, and it is absolutely loaded with features. It does have a strobe mode, although I haven't tried that out and have no basis for comparison with other strobe tuners.
      sigpic

Comment

You can do intonation with any tuner, but your accuracy will be based on the tuner's built in accuracy. Peterson Stroboflip is super excellent, $200:
        http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...ner?sku=210056

It has every mode you'd want, including buzz feiten, and would really be the 'last tuner you'd ever need'. It comes with AC power supply, a stand to mount on a mic stand if you want and a acoustic guitar clamp pickup thing. I saw it at NAMM and bought it from MF the next day.

Comment

I have an really old one (20years old maybe)..
          And I can really tune my guitar (and set the intonation perfect)...
          Tested my tuning on 3 other tuners...and all told me it was 100% perfect in tune and intonation
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I have the planet waves pedal tuner and I love it for all the strobe functions and accuracy its got to offer. but the most important feature is that its hardwire bypass. I got it for $40. I use it for intonation settings and I think its pretty accurate.
            Sam

Comment

Working...
            X