Wiring Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Question

I wired my guitar's circuit.But it lacks of %95 of the gain.What can it be caused by?Cables?Overheaten pots? (yes i did solder the ground wires)
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

I would start by getting a good schematic and comparing it with what you did. Almost every possible config. is available here:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics.shtml

I would make sure you have your color codes right. If you have a 4-conductor humbucker and want it working in series (most common), make sure you have the right 2 wires connected and taped off, not grounded. One of the best ways to troubleshoot is to get some small alligator clips and use them to do temporary connections and figure it out. It is possible that you damaged a pot, but it's not all that common, and you can check that out by bypassing the pot & going straight to the jack. Another possibility is bad solder joints. If the schematic checks out and everything looks right, you may need to redo your joints and make sure you get good solder flow on every connection.
    Last edited by dg; 02-23-2007, 11:08 AM.

Comment

There's no problem about the schmetics or colors.I used the SD wiring diagrams.I guess I need better soldering.
      I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Working...
      X