they marred my baby, help please`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they marred my baby, help please`

recently my other gutiarist and i got new jobs. this killed practice time for the band. as a result of these events i haven't seen my RR5 for three weeks (yes, it has been hard). today i decided to no matter what obtain my beloved...

and what did i find?

chips... chips... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] MOTHER FUCKING CHIPS!!!

and no not on the inside of the points. its all on the top ridge of the top fin's bevel.

okay, so this is a problem. i haven't spoken with the guy yet (he wasn't there, i got the keys from the folx that live with him). the chipping isn't all that deep but you can definately feel it.

can a refinishing shop touch up that part even if its like a centimeter from the black pinstripe? (it's the antique white/black pinstripe version).

someone is gonna pay for it but i need to know how much that kinda thing would cost and if i'd have to get all of it refinished (killing my pinstripe scheme). i'd hate to do the later...

c'mon... don't fail me guys. pleeeeeeeeeease help!

Re: they marred my baby, help please`

Dude, that blows. I'd definitely put the other folx in the house under the 3rd degree lamp - and they'd pay to have it fixed.
    But first, I'd make 100% sure they weren't there when I put it away 3 weeks ago (you DID leave it in the case, right?)

Anyhoo, are they down to the wood? Post pics of the gruesome details [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

some of it is down to the wood. i left the guitar on a stand out of the way in my little corner and when i return its sitting ON THE FLOOR!

i didn't expect to be gone three weeks. we usually practice once or twice a week. this is the kind of thing that kills bands... well i could see it happening. that's my baby dude [img]graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Comment

I hope all goes well, and he doesn't get defensive about the chips and you end up fighting him for the cash...

Cheers,
        Nick

Comment

so how much do you think it would take to fix it? the body isn't really damaged it's just the finish. like it slid down something black and jagged...

hurder bucks... two hundred? i don't care, it's gonna be mint when its out of the shop which brings me to anothe thing...

i need a shop in the houston area. i'm sure there is one, can someone inform this ignorant?

Comment

could someone please answer my question?

Comment

Ask your local dealer for a quality repair shop that can do it right.

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

practice didn't happen for three weeks because our jobs got in the way, dude. it isn't about my apathy, its about schedules being so screwy that a complete practice is impossible.

i have college, work, and other responsibilities that have to come before what i want to do. screw it being my fault, that's fucking stupid.

so no one here can tell me if a guitar shop can do a "touch up" job or how much a refinishing/touch up might cost?

Comment

I'm assuming your practice area is quite some distance away, and not within a "5 minute drive"?
                  I had a similar practice-area situation - drummer's house. He lived about 45 minutes away through small towns/speed traps, down a long winding road - couldn't go fast enough to get there in less time without running across farming equipment, etc.

Anyhoo, I can see if you left there one day and thought you'd be back the next, but I always took my gear home with me even though I knew we'd practice again the following weekend.

Newc

Comment

Exalon, do you have a hard case for the RR5?
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

It's not about practice and jobs and schedules, dude. It's about taking care of your gear. You left it sitting in a stand, there totally unprotected, in an environment which you had NO control over for three weeks?? It's your fault.

Someone here once was crying the blues cause he was walking down the street with his Warrior on its strap. When he went to bend over to pick something up, the guitar hit the pavement. He's all moanin about the chips and scratches. WTF!

I have no idea what it will cost to fix it, but you need to lose the "its somebody elses fault" stance.

Comment

so your sayin that despite someone else being responsible for this event taking place it is my fault? well, i suppose that's true but one would have to ignore the obvious truth that someone fucked up my guitar when i left it in a climate controled, supposedly secure, evironment.

that's like letting me borrow something from you and me telling you its your fault for lending it to me if i break it. that makes no sense especially if i give the impression that i take care of what my crap and halfway respect other peopels stuff.

like i said, fucking stupid.

Comment

I stand by what I said.
                          And I recommend you be very careful of how you're using statements like "Fucking Stupid" here.
                          Are you calling me "Fucking Stupid"?
                          Or calling my opinion "Fucking Stupid"?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckracer:
                            I stand by what I said.
                            And I recommend you be very careful of how you're using statements like "Fucking Stupid" here.
                            Are you calling me "Fucking Stupid"?
                            Or calling my opinion "Fucking Stupid"?
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Where's that popcorn Icon when you need it...... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                            "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Pipe down there, Weenie!

Comment

Working...
                              X