Question about pickups.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about pickups.

Ok in my rattlesnake kelly i got 2 stock jackson pickups.

I was fortunate from my friend to get a pair of Ibanez Pickups (from a middle end Joe Satriani model) and a piar of Dimarzio(sp) pickups from the 80's (no model name nothing)

i was thinking out putting the Dimar pickup on the bridge, and the Satriani on the neck for the cleaner tones since i sueally use the bridge pickup anyways

what would you suggest?

Re: Question about pickups.

Find out what they are first. That is my suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
      Ok in my rattlesnake kelly i got 2 stock jackson pickups.

I was fortunate from my friend to get a pair of Ibanez Pickups (from a middle end Joe Satriani model) and a piar of Dimarzio(sp) pickups from the 80's (no model name nothing)

i was thinking out putting the Dimar pickup on the bridge, and the Satriani on the neck for the cleaner tones since i sueally use the bridge pickup anyways

what would you suggest?
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the satch pups on that ibanez js100 are AH-1 and 2's. the 80's dimarzio's if you post what number they have stamped on the back or the resistance of them i can tell you what they are,but IMHO the dimarzio set will sound ultimately better than the MIJ AH ibanez pups anyways,but it would be good to know what you got(dimarzio's) there? [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

all they say on the back is

dimarzio pickups

made in the u.s.a

Comment

i might be able to take a resitance reading on them.

but im lazy at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelMadeja:
            all they say on the back is

dimarzio pickups

made in the u.s.a
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">is there any way you can take a resistance reading on them? i will know without a doubt if you give me the resistance of each?,but i can just guess super distortion/paf set? they were the most popular/common set used back in the 80's [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            but that is only a GUESS [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

From what I've heard Dimarzio for a while didnt put the ID stamp on the bottom plate of the Super Distortion. But that might have been in the 70's when they first started up. My educated guess would say they are probably a Super D and a PAF.
              what are the poles like on the pups? Are they Screws and flat poles or hex screws or what?
              Are they double cream?
              Gil

Comment

I would have to 2nd you guys on that. I am not big into dimarzios, more of a duncan man myself, however that combo was one, even I have heard of.

And to be honest, you should just put both in the guitar,if that's what they are.

Not too bad.

I sold a Charvel650XL to Dan, and it had a dimarzio in it, sounded pretty sweet too, I think it was a super D.

Comment

Working...
                X