yELLOWING PAINT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yELLOWING PAINT

I Have A White 87 Model 6 Well Its Now More Like Yellowish It Spent Many Years In The Case Under My Bed Not In The Sun Or Dampness Can I Use Some Kind Of Polish To Restore The Color?
    85 Jackson 87 model1 87 model6

That seems to be part of the aging process and I don't think it will come back no matter how much you polish it. Me, I prefer the aged look anyway.
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
      Me, I prefer the aged look anyway.
      well, yeah, you're old
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
        well, yeah, you're old
        Bastard!
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

The clear has yellowed.And no polishing will not remove it.IMO a model 6 in white that has turned a little yellow is a good thing.How about some pics.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I also have a pearl white M6, and the aged clearcoat makes it look absolutely beautiful! If it wasn't for that, I would have had it refinished some other color long ago.

The only way to make it whiter would be to polish the clearcoat down to nothing.
            Mine is chipped through the clear in a couple of places, and you can see that the color coat is still snow white under there.

It is actually whiter in places that have seen a lot of wear - the back, back of the neck, and close to the bridge.
            Last edited by Sunbane; 02-15-2007, 11:55 AM.

Comment

sounds good I am still trying to figure out how to get the pics up almost there thanks
              85 Jackson 87 model1 87 model6

Comment

Working...
              X