"semi-blocked" trem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "semi-blocked" trem

The idea is to block the bridge with something "squishy" (like several layers of electric tape between thin pieces of wood) so that you get most of the stability of a blocked tremolo (or a tremsetter) but you can still pull up at least a little.

The best material would be something that takes a bit of pressure before contracting, and then contracts more easily when it's contracted already - and of course comes back to initial position once you release it.... what do you guys think?
    "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
    The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Dense "memory" foam would do the trick.
    -Rick

Comment

Not a bad idea, and has some merit, but you would need something that would have u come back to perfect pitch everytime, and I cant think of too many things that will withstand that pressure and abuse and return to the perfect position every time.

Comment

What about putting springs between the body and the sustain block, you know springs that push outward instead of pulling together. You'd need some stiff springs and they would have to have a decent circumference to be stable in a position like that. First springs that come to mind, valve springs, or clutch springs from a wet clutch like on some motorcycles. MIght have to cut them to size. Placed in pairs on either side of the sustain block along with some rigging...hell I think thats worth trying actually. I have some clutch springs off an old Yamaha, fuckers are STIFF.
        Pointy guitars KICK ASS!!

Comment

Why not just get a Tremsetter?

Comment

You need something like the ESp Arming Adjuster, which is a copy of the Rockinger Black Box:

I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbane View Post
              Why not just get a Tremsetter?

I was gonna ask the same question.
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Yep I have an ESP Arming Adjuster. Its exactly what you need.
                PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Working...
                X