Jackson ATX buzz problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson ATX buzz problem

Hi people. I've got a problem with my ATX. I've got the action pretty much how I like it, the neck is slightly bowed but i'm having problems with buzzing at the 5th fret. It seems it's only here that's the problem mainly on the D, G, and when i bend the B string up at the 5th. I've tried a few different ways eg. loosening truss rod, taking the bridge up but then the action is stupidly high.

Any ideas, the fret doesn't look higher than the others so i'm not sure whether it needs a fret dress.

Cheers.

If it's buzzing when the 5th is fretted, it's not the 5th that's the problem, it's the 6th or 7th (or higher)
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      If it's buzzing when the 5th is fretted, it's not the 5th that's the problem, it's the 6th or 7th (or higher)

Yeah I know, it must be the 6th fret that it's catching on as after that the notes ring ok. The problem is that adding some relief to the neck is not sorting i out so I guess it must be the fre, although it doesn't look higher than the others.

Comment

Put a straightedge over 4th, 5th and 6th fret. This will tell you definetly if the fret is high or not.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
        X