Wobbly volume knob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wobbly volume knob

The volume knob on my SLSMG is all wobbly now and feels like its going to twist right out of my guitar. I took off the back control cavity and can't figure out how this thing is fastened to the guitar. I thought it was just sandwiched in there by something on the front, but it doesn't look like that is the problem since the tone pot looks like it is lined up the same. How can I fix this thing before I pull the wires off it?

Sounds like the pot shaft is bent. Remove the knob from the front. It should have a setscrew that you need to loosen and the knob should pop right off. You should see a nut on the pot shaft that is located underneath the knob. Remove the nut and pull the pot out from the cavity.

Comment

Then what? Replace it?

Comment

First check & see if that nut is loose. That may be why it's wobbly. If the shaft is bent or the slop is in the pot itself, replace it. They're cheap.

Comment

If it's a split-shaft just gently spead it a little. I also thought there could be nuts on either end of the pot. Maybe the one underneath is loose. What do I know?
          Last edited by fett; 02-12-2007, 09:58 PM.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Working...
          X