Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving strap button on my Warlock.....help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving strap button on my Warlock.....help!

I have a mid 90's Korean NJ Series Warlock. The strap button on the upper cutaway is a little too far back and I wanted to move it forward to give it better balance. Anyone ever done this before? Need info before wrecking a nice guitar.

Re: Moving strap button on my Warlock.....help!

Just relocate it. Set the screw in properly...not really mush to it. Its wood, and a screw.

NJ series is Korean? I thought NJ was Japanese as in Nayagasho Japan, or something.

Comment

Only the 80's NJ's were made in Japan.

Comment

Whats worse, on any given day, there's at least 2 being sold on Ebay as "New Jersey" models. [img]graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Drill a pilot hole. Put masking tape over the spot you want to drill, and start with a very small drill bit. Use the sharpest drill bits you can find.

Comment

Drill? Try this instead of running across town for ONE new drill bit (cuz no hobbyist has sharp bits lying around) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

First, for balance issues I'd put the strap pin under the top horn like on a Warrior. If it's already there, move it as close to the front edge (point) as you can without the screw coming through the top.

Ok, once you've got your spot picked out, hold the screw firmly in one hand (without the strap button on it) and bash it sharply with a hammer (the screw, not your hand). This will start a pilot hole, and then you just screw it in a bit, then remove it, put the button on, and drive it all the way in.

Werx fer me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dr Newcenstein
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

ive found with warlocks sometimes moving the bottom button to inside the V cut at the bottom works better than moving the top strap button. put it half way from the inside V & the end. kind of like where a RR strap button is.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:
                Drill? Try this instead of running across town for ONE new drill bit (cuz no hobbyist has sharp bits lying around) [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

First, for balance issues I'd put the strap pin under the top horn like on a Warrior. If it's already there, move it as close to the front edge (point) as you can without the screw coming through the top.

Ok, once you've got your spot picked out, hold the screw firmly in one hand (without the strap button on it) and bash it sharply with a hammer (the screw, not your hand). This will start a pilot hole, and then you just screw it in a bit, then remove it, put the button on, and drive it all the way in.

Werx fer me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Dr Newcenstein
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">do that and you are very likely to crack the wood when you hammer in the screw, your not removing any material so it moves sideways and creates a crack, if its on the horn where it gets much thinner then you may even end up with it cracking off

if you drill a hole slightly (about as thick as the main part of the screw, so that will fit in and the grooves wil dig into the wood on the sides) smaller than you screw, you wont risk cracking the wood and the strap buttong will be nice and tight

David

Comment

Working...
                X