Reverse headstock = reverse tuners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse headstock = reverse tuners?

I have a reverse headstock Jackson neck I'd like to get tuners for, but it looks to me like I'll need tuners made for a reverse headstock; in otherwords, I can't just take tuners off a regular headstock and put them on. Is this correct?? Thanks.

Re: Reverse headstock = reverse tuners?

Hey ins't that the reverse headstock you bought from me a while back? I thought it was you who bought it, maybe wrong, but in any case the tuners that I had on that had to be changed when I went to put them on the regular headstock on the white guitar I just had built, the Vivian Campbell copy.

They would have worked, but they looked weird the way they lined up on the headstock.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

You'll need lefty tuners for the rev headstock I believe.

Comment

Yup. Lefty tuners for a reverse head. I put righty tuners on a reverse head and had to turn them backwards to get the wraps correct.

Newc
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

AFAIK you can use regular tuners, but the tang will be on the opposite side, so you'd have to drill new holes for the screws if you used them, (I have heard of people who don't even use the mounting screws, but I think it detracts from the stability IMHO).

Also, you will have to wind it the opposite of normal. In other words, to get the wraps to go the right direction, you'd just have to turn it counter clockwise instead of clockwise or vice-versa. Not a big deal really if you really can't find a set of leftys or you already have a set of rightys you need to use. They do come up on Ebay fairly often though. I recently got a set of leftys for $20 plus shipping, so they are there. Good Luck. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
          X