Replacing stringthru body buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing stringthru body buttons

I'm thinking of doing a project with a js30wr body and dk2t neck. being as the dk2t body has black hardware, i was wondering how i would get the buttons off without damaging the body of either body. i'm referring to where the strings enter the body.
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 02-11-2007, 06:53 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

I use an old allen wrench that fits the hole in the body but is larger than the string ferrul opening where the string passes thru and just tap them out from the top, a small flat blade screwdriver works too.
    If they won't come out easily heat the ferrul with a soldering iron a very little to loosen the paint or glue.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

just magic marker em
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

seeing as they are bigger on the back side for the ball end of the string to sit, put something in there to tap out the the top "bottons" flip over the guitar and tap out the bottom "bottons" and they are called ferrules ........... do your self a faver and don't do it on you lap or you have a new hole in there
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
          seeing as they are bigger on the back side for the ball end of the string to sit, put something in there to tap out the the top "bottons" flip over the guitar and tap out the bottom "bottons" and they are called ferrules ........... do your self a faver and don't do it on you lap or you have a new hole in there
          Done this by experience?
          Yeah, put the guitar on some padded wood blocks before you go tapping away!
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

no i missed my nut sack with a DRILL
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
            X