Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend a set of strings for my DK27 tuned UP to C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend a set of strings for my DK27 tuned UP to C.

Alright, so I'll be getting my DK27 from Matt Crooks within the next couple of weeks, and I want to tune this baritone guitar up from B to C. I use D'Addario strings and have always been used to them, so I won't take suggestions other than D'Addario. Yeah, you'll probably give me that big schpiel about how all strings are made by the same four manufacturers, bla bla bla........ D'Addario, please!!! Simple as that!!

I'm guessing I should just get one gauge less than the 13s that are on there to begin with, so I was guessing I should get 12s, but isn't there the scale length issue to deal with?

I don't want to have to set up this guitar too much after putting on the new strings in C. So, recommend me a set of D'Addario strings that will pretty much maintain the same tension in C as the 13s that are supplied with the guitar tuned to B.

Re: Recommend a set of strings for my DK27 tuned UP to C.

12's will be fine. The tension might still be a bit higher than the 13's in B, but not much.

On a completely unrelated note, one of the guys I worked with sent out seven or eight DK27's tuned to standard. With the 13's on 'em. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Comment

I use a set of d'addarios with 13 gauge for my C tuning. works fine with me.
      tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

Damn, that must have been some seriously stiff action [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That's just wrong.

Comment

BAH! I use 9's on my baritone tuned to B [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hmm... since I use 10s in standard, my general rule of thumb will tell me that I would use 11s in D and 12s in C. Thanks guys.

I'm particular about D'Addario strings since I've found something that works and there's no need to experiment further. Why reinvent the wheel, you know? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Why change something that you're so accustomed to? I prefer sticking to something familiar and I know what to expect. Even though there are probably GHS, Ernie Ball, etc. strings that are the same gauge and are probably made by the same mass manufacturer, the D'Addario Player's Points are a nice little added bonus for the same price for a pack of strings. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Guitar:
                </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Newc:
                BAH! I use 9's on my baritone tuned to B [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Newc
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How the hell do you keep that thing in tune more than a couple strums? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] What's the scale length of your baritone? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">27" - stays in tune just fine, though right now it's sitting in the case (still gotta finish putting pickups in, intonate the bridge, yadda yadda).

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Just out of curiousity Priest, why are you so perticular about using D'addario? I know there are only only four or six string makers in the world, but every brand I've tried even in consistant guages feels a bit unique from the others. Maybe each label wants their strings made to cerain little specs? I don't know. It would explain a lot though.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc:

Newc
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">How the hell do you keep that thing in tune more than a couple strums? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] What's the scale length of your baritone?

Comment

Working...
                    X