Mod to an ADA MP-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod to an ADA MP-1

Can someone tell me if the modification 3 done on an ADA MP-1 worths? Is it better the for the preamp to remain stock? What other modication can be set on (if their are more and if it worths too)? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: Mod to an ADA MP-1

Originally posted by morbid:
    Can someone tell me if the modification 3 done on an ADA MP-1 worths? Is it better the for the preamp to remain stock? What other modication can be set on (if their are more and if it worths too)? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm not sure what kind of mod you are talking about.

However I certainly wouldn't screw around with an MP-1.

It's not like you can order a new one from the store should something go wrong.

For me, the ADA has a certain sound that fits a certain era, why mess with that. If you want a different sound, get a different pre-amp.

Comment

The ADA Depot site also has a list of shops that will work on ADA gear if you're not technically inclined - you know, shops that have the schematics if you don't and such! Since ADA is kaput due to their uninsured factory fire back
      when, that's a vital resource to have some places that'll fix 'em!
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Ebay is lousy with MP-1's under $200. If you can handle a soldering iron, follow the directions at ADA Depot, and have a serious FEAR OF ELECTRICITY AND FIRE...

..go for it. The mods look fairly simple.

And if ya screw it up - $200 gets ya back to square one!
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

go here www.adadepot.com check out the boards and clips, the modded ones sound much better IMO. There are people on the boards that will mod them for you for a fee but they're not hard, just take your time and use good components.
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
          X