Baritone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baritone?

Ok, I finally got my Warmoth Baritone conversion neck (from Ebay a while back) mounted and strung up. Kinda Stratty Fatty, but liveable for now. Anyhoo, it converts a standard 22 fret Strat body to a 24 fret baritone (27") scale, and I wanted to know if the baritone scale had a "long" and "short" like 'regular' scale lengths do? Like 24 3/4" and 25 1/2"? Or is baritone scale only 27"?
    Anybody know?

Newc
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Baritone?

I believe they make them in different lengths. I seem to recall seeing one not too long ago (maybe an ESP/LTD) that was like 26 1/4".
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I've seen baritone lengths anywhere from 26 1/4 (esp like toejam said) to 28 3/4 (I believe yamaha [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] )

I don't think there is a set rule in place there.

Comment

Come to think of it, maybe the 28 3/4 was a figment of my imagination.....I've had this problem alot lately [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now I'm gonna have to search around and try to back up my failing memory [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Actually, I think anything over 26" is considered baritone. I'm not sure how high it can go, though.

Comment

I think short-scale basses start at 30" - I seem to recall seeing that somewhere (Gbase?), so 27" would logically be near the longest end of baritone.
            Anyway, I just wondered.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

There are some baritones that are 28 and some fraction inches long. The Yamaha deep six is 26 1/4 but they bill that as a guitar that you can tune low, not a baritone.

[ November 21, 2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Matt Crooks ]
              ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Hamer's also got a baritone, the Monaco SubTone, that's 26 1/2" scale.

Comment

Working...
                X