JB, Jazz... questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB, Jazz... questions

So, I installed a JB and Jazz into my SLSMG a bit back, and have finally come to the conclusion that either the wiring is jacked up, or the Jazz is MUCH lower in output than the JB.

I used to switch between my bridge and neck pups all the time during solos, as I like the change in tone to add flavor, but I dont use the Jazz for that, as when I click to it and start soloing, it seems like I lose half of the gain that the JB has... Any input?
    www.myspace.com/madeaband
    www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Something must not be right. Even though neck puckups are inherintly less output than a bridge, it is not usually noticable nor very drastic. Ive got that combo in two guitars and have no problems losing volume going to the neck. Sounds like you have a wiring issue, and dont forget to adjust the pickup height as well.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Thinking about it more, if you go through the wiring and everything is spot on, then youll need to ohm test the pickup. Its possible that the pickup is damaged too.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'll do just that, thanks RobRR. Rawkin. (I do believe the wiring is ok, at this point).

Thanks again.
        www.myspace.com/madeaband
        www.garageband.com/artist/madea

Comment

Is the jazz a 4-wire? Did you mistakenly coil tap it (red/white) touching ground? Also is the jazz close enough to the strings?

Comment

Working...
          X