X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a crazy idea. Doubleneck

Okay, I wanna build a double neck.

12 on top, 6 on bottom.

Thing is, I want it to look like a Jackson pointy neck.

To that end, I was thinking on ordering a stew-mac neck blank or even a premade neck with an unfinished headstock.

Does anybody have an idea as to the proper width for the twelve string neck? Could I get away with an electric neck, or perhaps use an acoustic neck blank?!?

I figure I would do it jackson style, where 6 strings run from the bridge to the headstock and 6 go from the headstock to the body.

There's a special nut for that isn't there?

If anybody has any ideas on how I can do the 12 string pointy head neck, give a holler, its the only detail I need to still figure out.

Re: I have a crazy idea. Doubleneck

As far as I know 12 string necks are the same width as 6 string necks. I've heard that Stew-Mac necks are not that great. As for the nut, you would most likely have to make that yourself. I am pretty sure that an acoustic neck blank would not be the way to go. As for the twelve string pointy headstock, you can make on looong headstock, but it would look like a hockey stick.

Comment

Re: I have a crazy idea. Doubleneck

Back in the day, Carvin had the option for the long, pointy inline headstock with 12 tuners on one side on their DC120... man that thing looked hideous and dangerous!! I recently acquired a DC120, but it's got their regular 6+6 headstock that is much easier to deal with. It's still a pain in the ass to tune, but it looks much nicer. http://www.cage.scriptmania.com/photo2.html
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
      X