Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help With A Jackson RR3

Hi Everyone,

I have Randy Rhoads RR3 Jackson. I bought it in 2004 for like 375$ I believe.

This is basically the guitar :

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-Randy-Rh...QQcmdZViewItem

It has Duncan Designed pickups, a licensed floyd rose. Although I have more expensive guitars, I'm interested in fixing this one up.

The problem is it was a floor model, the only one left in the place. However I kenw the guy who worked there and he said it was dropped and cut me a deal on it with a case.

The first and second fret on the low E string buzz through the amp making a scratchy sound. I can't even do a harmonic at all. And it's pretty bad when just playing it unplugged as well. However I enjoy the neck and just overall feel and look of the guitar. The fret buzz is the only fault on this guitar. But I know the Floyd Rose can't take dives as good as an Original and I know the Duncan Designed aren't the best.

When I play with a band I know the sound isn't as top notch as my other guitars (ESP Kamikaze, Jackson DK-1, Gibson Les Paul. And it sure doesn't stay in tune as much either.

Btw my style consists of mostly metal, especially 80's.

What I want to know is what would I have to do to get a good enough sounding guitar for live shows.?

I just want to know if it's worth it or possible to make this guitar have a really great sound and better quality to it. I figure maybe for a little bit of money I can redo this guitar I love to play on. Or is this just something I should forget about fixing up because it isn't worth the investment?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

hey
    you could consider a change of pickups as this will really change the sound
    and to take that buzz away take it to be set up as the trem on my rr3 my crap until i had it set up

hope this helps
    Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
    Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

RR3s are nice guitars
      a full upgrade meaning pick ups, switch, pots, tuners, floyd, and a fret polish and crowning will run you more than you paid for the guitar but....... hell its your money and if you like it that much then why not, and if you like projects then more power to you, i would think of it like my own personal custom.........
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
      X