Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSR Tuners, satin?

Hello...

This is for all of you LSR users, specially for those of you with more than 5 years of experience and use of these particular tuning machines. Maybe KV1 owners?

Ok, so I read these all are "satin" finished, in all versions (back, chrome and gold).

I've had my share of bad experienced with satin stuff, like, I had a Prestige Ibanez 7 string (RG1527) the "early" model which had some kind of "powder cosmo" hardware, and it was satin. Man, it sucked! It started to show some weird "spots" like dark and roundish spots all over, it showed EVERY single scratch in it, etc. Same with a gun I used to own (I used to be a fan of guns) which was finished in satin stainless steel, it was very fragile to scratching and it was a nightware to keep it looking nice (of course, it's a tool, hardware, whatever, but still, some people want stuff to look nice, like me...)

So the question basically is, is there any problems with SATIN chrome hardware, like, RUST, SPOTS, DURABILITY, etc? Any stories? Particularly of course... LSR Tuners.

P.D. Actually, I'd also like to know about regular chrome hardware compared to BLACK hardware (in terms of durability with stains, uncolorations, rust, etc)

Anal ?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Look...Satan does not make tuners! He is stuck in a really hot place.

Anyway, as a KV1 owner, I can tell you that the f**king things never feel cheap (like modern Ibanez crap), flake, whatever. In fact I eat my breakfast off them every single morning and the egg comes off no problems. I also use the tuners to clean my nose out and they still look new.
      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

BTW, can you make a post on this forum without asking a question?

Comment

Sanctuary my guess he has OCD.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Actually, I do. But... besides that, I'm really "anal" since as I told you guys before, a custom made guitar for me means AL TO OF MONEY, remember, I've saved for like 3 years and I still got to go back to the USA to work more to be able to pay for it. And I want it bad. So if I ask a question is to clear my doubts, not to bug you.

I sense some of you get angry or annoyed by some of my questions and preferences, it is not my intention as you may know, so maybe, if only the people who could just answer me and help me out (like most of you have done before too, like Sanctuary) post on this topic, that'd be great.

I'm sorry (AGAIN) if you don't like or understand my questions.

Comment

LSRs are great tuners. They are not bad looking or cheaply made. I wouldn't think for a second about not ordering them. Just don't stick 'em on an axe that'll have a locking nut, because that would be a waste. Just MHO.

Comment

Working...
              X