pick up 101 for a dummy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pick up 101 for a dummy...

ok, just thought I wuold ask the resident experts...
    what is the difference between a duncan bridge humbucker and a neck humbucker?

(other than the location for which they were designed to be installed...LOL)

Thanks!

Bridge pickups are generally louder, because they don't have as much string vibration to work with (so they need to be hotter than a neck pickup to compensate). They may also be designed to pick up a little less treble, but that may vary.

Comment

very cool - thanks for the insight...one of those things that got me thinking ya know.

Comment

When pickups were first designed (1950's), there was no "neck" or "bridge" model, so don't feel like you need to follow the masses.

Comment

Many pickup brands also have the poles spaced a little wider for the bridge pickup.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

I think Seymour Duncan has gone on record as saying that the only difference in their pickups was the bridge pickups had higher output. Thought I read that on thier site.
            I'm not Ron!

Comment

On Another Note w/ Pups, I scored some from the Bay, The wire is less than 1/4" more like an 1/8 Someone cut them short short.There is hardly room to make a decent solder joint...I am ready to get my money back, any ideas here? (pick up wise, as I know how to dispute)

Comment

That sucks big time.

File a dispute, unless the guy said they were short in the auction.

Comment

Cool, That's what I was thinking too.. and No, He didn't say anything about it in the auction, I even asked him and didn't get a reply by the end of the auction came. 2 pups off a 475 Deluxe, (which i need the single for one of mine) and the pre amp..

Comment

Working...
                  X