Carvel maple/maple neck w/ no inlays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvel maple/maple neck w/ no inlays?

I just scored a Charvel maple/maple neck with no inlays. Standard headstock, Kahler string lock. Thats all I know about it... I tried searching through the catalogs and couldnt find anything. Any ideas?
    Last edited by RobRR; 01-31-2007, 09:58 PM.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

What kind of logo does it have? If it's a guitar-shaped logo, does the logo have a six-in-line or 3 + 3 headstock? Any markings on the heel? If it's a USA, remember they were all custom shop guitars, so it may have been ordered that way. I don't think I've ever seen one without inlays, but you never know.

Comment

sounds like someone took a Charvel neck and had the fret board replaced. that is why there is no inlays.
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

It has the white guitar style logo, regular pointy 6 in line. So not USA. Either way, I basically stole it price wise so no complaints here.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

|My CSG gallery|
          (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Mmm, Carvel. I want a Cookie Puss cake!
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sounds like Absolut is probably right. The only other possibility might be a Japanese-market neck from one of the years we don't have scans for, but I bet he's right about it being a replaced board. Just as a bit of side info, I looked through a couple of galleries & found a few USAs without inlays, but they were all rosewood or ebony. Chris Holmes' early yellow star was one. There was one maple board with only 12th position dots that was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Fudgie the Whale

Comment

Last edited by RobRR; 01-31-2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

I ummed n ahhed about that on ebay too, I just dont have a 22fret body here. From the sellers other listings it seems its a model4 neck with a replaced fretboard. Glad someone here snagged it

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      It's been years since I've had Fudgie the Whale.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeE View Post
                        Fudgie the Whale
                        you guys fuckin beat me to it :ROTF:
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Originally posted by Jackson-Charvel View Post
                          It's been years since I've had Fudgie the Whale.
                          Me too!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                            I ummed n ahhed about that on ebay too, I just dont have a 22fret body here. From the sellers other listings it seems its a model4 neck with a replaced fretboard. Glad someone here snagged it
                            Yeah I got it within an hour of it being listed. Along with 3 J80's and a J50... couldnt beat his prices! Nice guy too.

Ill check it out more when it gets here... as long as the work is done right, Ive got no problem with a replaced fretboard!

Comment

I was looking at that as well but was confused that it didn't have any inlays, great price though. give us an update when you get

Comment

Working...
                              X