Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing EMG batteries with a pickgaurd guitar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing EMG batteries with a pickgaurd guitar...

How do you change the batteries for EMGs on a guitar with a big pickgaurd (like a stratocaster)? Do you actually have to take the whole thing off each time?
    Jackson SL2H (nebula) '08
    Gibson Les Paul Standard (ebony) '03
    Marshall JCM800 50W + Marshall 2x12

yup,

I have the same problem with my Ibanez Rg550, I could barely stuff everything back in when I installed the Emg's and battery. Very tight fit and I'm not looking forward to replacing the battery.

Comment

I do it on my CX391 fine. Its not hard really, but I would tape the battery down so it doesnt bounce around in there.

Comment

It's not that big of a deal, considering you don't have to change the battery for at least a year or more.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          It's not that big of a deal, considering you don't have to change the battery for at least a year or more.
          Even less if you use a high grade battery and not a cheaper one. Dunno if you can get them with Lithium as oppossed to Alkaline. I use an Energize E2 in mine. Also if you unplug your guitar when you're not using it it will save the battery.

Comment

It totally sucks ass. Be thankful that EMG's are VERY easy on batteries. I think they last around 1000+ hours before you have to change them out.
            Still, taking your entire guitar apart to change a battery sucks.
            Its also a pain in the ass to jam everything back in there and still be able to put the pickguard back on without something causing it to not lay flat.
            My Jackson Kelly has a double 9v battery compartment routed into the back. Its the nice flip up style.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
              yup,

I have the same problem with my Ibanez Rg550, I could barely stuff everything back in when I installed the Emg's and battery. Very tight fit and I'm not looking forward to replacing the battery.
              Do you actually have to take out the pickgaurd with the pickups to put in the batteries? Or can you just unscrew the bottom half of the pickguard? Also, is there room for dual 9V batteries in an Ibanez like that?

Comment

Do you have to change the batteries of all sorts of EMG's ?!?

Comment

I got this guitar with EMG's already in there. I dont know if I have to change the batteries or not. Plus if i have to then how do I change em.? .. It has 2 of the front pickups with gold logo and the big one is with a silver logo, i dont even know what kind they are. Plus one more thing, the top part of the silver logo EMG(the big one) .. it kinda moves like it's not tight or something ... is that normal? if not then let me know what to do and how to fix it. Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by vi0lenT View Post
                    It has 2 of the front pickups with gold logo and the big one is with a silver logo, i dont even know what kind they are.
                    SA/SA/81
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dude get the intonation set.The pickup will move a little no fix there.The pickup ring should not move.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Not EMGHZ, since they are passive. All regular EMGs run on batteries.

I got this guitar with EMG's already in there. I dont know if I have to change the batteries or not.
                        Trust me, you will hear when the battery runs out.

Plus if i have to then how do I change em.?
                        If you don't have a special battery compartment in the back of the guitar, then the battery is in the control cavity.

.. It has 2 of the front pickups with gold logo and the big one is with a silver logo, i dont even know what kind they are.
                        Like Ron said, 81/SA/SA.

Plus one more thing, the top part of the silver logo EMG(the big one) .. it kinda moves like it's not tight or something ... is that normal?
                        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          Dude get the intonation set.
                          His intonation may be fine. I, as well as some others here, have had Floyds where the saddles were in a perfectly straight line and were intonated just fine. It's strange, but sometimes Floyds are like that.
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Only on the Actives (eg. EMG-81/85/60/89), but the HZ's don't need batteries...

Comment

Sounds like you guys need to get a battery compartment from warmoth or allparts and find someone with a router.

I would drop a battery box on the backside in a heartbeat instead of pull the pickguard and inevitably strip another screw hole every time I put it back on....

Comment

Working...
                              X