Charvel Fusion project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Fusion project

Hey there. Need some clarification and some info. I just bought a Charvel Fusion Custom body and neck that's going to be my new project. I've been doing some reading on this guitar and from what I've read it came with a JT590 and has a basswood body. What size nut am I looking for? Can't seem to find that. Also I haven't run across any specs or info on what is being produced today to replace the JT590. I have a Floyd Rose but it doesn't have any fine tuners and has the nut attached instead of on the whammy bar. Has a Made in Germany stamp on the bottom next to the nut. I'm not too thrilled about using it because of the lack of fine tuners.
    I'm psyched about this thing! I started playing 15 years ago on a CX290 that I recently put a EMG 81 into. It screams now! And I haven't played many guitars that can compare to the way the neck feels on the 290. Anyway, thanks!

The Schaller Floyd Rose is almost exactly the same thing as the JT-590. The only difference I can think of is that the new Schaller floyds have hardened inserts for the intonation screws so they are less likely to strip out. As far as the nut, either an R-3 or R-4 will fit, since both fit a 1 11/16" slot. I'd personally probably put an R-3 on it if it was me, because I like the strings in a bit more from the edge of the fretboard. You may want to make sure to get a Schaller nut or a used one on eBay from a Charvel of the same period, because they are not the same height as an OFR nut.

Comment

Thanks! I was assuming that the Schaller would fit but they have a saying about assumptions. Hopefully I can find some guitars with the r3 and r4 to see which one I like. I still have refinishing work to do. Or start, rather. I'll put up some before/after pics.
      Last edited by Noodles; 01-27-2007, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X