Rack help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rack help needed

I just switched to a rack tuner. I want to put it first in the signal, but I'm having trouble getting any output from my guitar. This is what my rack gear consists of:

Tuner - ADA MP-1 - Rocktron Intellifex - Carvin DC 150 poweramp - Eq - Furman Power Conditioner

I assume I am to run the guitar to the tuner then to the MP-1. If so, what should be my connections?

Thanks,
    Alvin
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

that sounds right. does your tuner have an output mute?
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Tuner mute or a bad instrument cable.

Comment

Yes, it has a tuner mute. I'm running the guitar to the front input of the tuner. Now, what are my next connections? Rear out or tuner to rear input of MP-1? What about the front input of the MP-1, do I need anything there?

Alvin
        MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I think this would make a good sticky I am currently amassing rack gear and would like to know how it all hooks together.I have never used 5 or 6 pieces of rack equipment at one time so every body that has help us out here.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Alvin, I'm assuming this doesn't have as many jacks as the Mayberry switchboard. So why not just try stuff out? It couldn't take more than 5 minutes to swap cables around.

Also, i t's a little hard to know what to tell you since you have not really stated what all the ins and outs are to begin with.

- Newc

Comment

This thread over on ADA depot should help...

http://www.adadepot.com/cgi-bin/yabb...6868;start=all

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                that sounds right. does your tuner have an output mute?
                Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                Tuner mute or a bad instrument cable.
                Alvin, I'm assuming this doesn't have as many jacks as the Mayberry switchboard. So why not just try stuff out? It couldn't take more than 5 minutes to swap cables around.

Also, i t's a little hard to know what to tell you since you have not really stated what all the ins and outs are to begin with.
                Originally posted by jk2171 View Post
                This thread over on ADA depot should help...

http://www.adadepot.com/cgi-bin/yabb...6868;start=all
                Guys, I appreciate all the help. I got up this morning and was getting ready to do what Tim suggested (to just move around some cables), and WTF did I find. The speaker cable had been pulled out at the rear of the cabinet. Way to go Alvin :ROTF: I forgot to check all connections. I'm all up and running now.

So, thanks a million guys.

Alvin

Comment

dee dee dee

- Newc

Comment

dee dee dee
                    I'll have to second that sentiment.
                    My Toys:
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
                    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
                    '94 Dinky HX in Black
                    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                      I'll have to second that sentiment.
                      Yeah...and take your tuner out of the signal path. That's a big NO NO!
                      Good deals with:
                      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by srommes View Post
                        Yeah...and take your tuner out of the signal path. That's a big NO NO!
                        Although that might be an option if he wants to run one of his ADA's outputs to the tuner, he won't be able to avoid having it in the path if he is 1) running the preamp in stereo or 2) wants to use the tuner mute. I run my rack and pedal rigs guitar > tuner > preamp with no problem.

Gotta be careful with those unplugged speaker cables, Alvin! Although I see that your power amp is solid state and should be OK, I have had the misfortune of blowing the tubes one side of my Carvin T100 when one side wasn't plugged in.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X