Free floating 5 way switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free floating 5 way switches

I know they should click at each stop. But, I bought 3 loaded pickguards where the lever just slides with no stop per setting. This may be a real stupid question, but can I get an unusual mix of pups?
    Last edited by fett; 01-26-2007, 03:32 PM.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Originally posted by fett View Post
    I know they should click at each stop. But, I bought 3 loaded pickguards where the lever just slides with no stop per settling. This may be a real stupid question, but can I get an unusual mix of pups?
    Sounds like they're damaged to me fett, have you tested them with a continuity tester?
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I just tested one and it seems to work. The electric razor test. I may just have to load one up. I was going to post a picture, but of course the batteries are dead. These switches are real interesting. Lots of metal. Korea. I bought them knowing the 5-ways were not clicking. I guess my question comes from talk about playing with the switch were you get a mix by being between the click. I'll get a picture up soon.
      Last edited by fett; 01-26-2007, 03:26 PM.

Comment

In that case, are these the type that have a little ball that does the clicking, or does it have a series of bumps that fit into detents (divots ? )? Are they just worn or missing? As for "mixing" pickups, I guess it really depends on what design they are.
        Dave ->

Comment

Little ball. It was fun doing the razor test. Just think of playing a power cord and sliding up and down with no clicks.:ROTF: Was that "Divot" a reference to me?:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
          Last edited by fett; 01-26-2007, 03:40 PM.

Comment

So is the little ball missing then or is it just that loose in there?
            Dave ->

Comment

I'm missing a little ball in one. The one I testes had a ball. But, I may be on to something.:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:

Comment

Fett, are you hitting the bottle? :ROTF:
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That's not the point. This might really be cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X