Dimarzio X2N Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimarzio X2N Help?

I have a Charvel Model 6 and I just wired up a Dimarzio X2N. I don't know if maybe I have put the p/u in upside down or not. It sounds fine but there is a small plastic clip on the underside of the X2N that makes it kinda weird to run the lead wires from the lower right side coil over to the control cavity. I have it now installed with the lead wires running from the top left of the upper p/u coil. I was just wondering if anyone can help me out with the placement of this p/u. I want to have it installed correctly if all things possible. Thanks!!!
    Gear
    '88 Charvel Model 6
    '90 Charvel 650 Custom
    '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
    '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
    '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Some Pics might help to see if you have it reversed.
    The wires should come out the control cavity side.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Sorry, but I have no camera for pics. It's just a temporary p/u anyways as it's one of my buddies, I'll be getting a Duncan Distortion for it anyways as I like Duncan's better. I was just seeing if I had the p/u in the guitar upside down or not. It sounds like I do in fact have it in there reversed. Thanks for the reply anyways.
      Gear
      '88 Charvel Model 6
      '90 Charvel 650 Custom
      '92 Jackson Dinky Reverse Professional
      '93 Jackson USA Randy Rhoads PCS #23
      '07 Jackson DKMG Mutt

Comment

Sounds like you have it in backwards, but I don't think it will make any difference in sound.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Dimebag always had his Bill Lawrence 500XL upside down to get a more aggressive sound.
          "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
          Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
          Dimebag Darrell
          Chuck Schuldiner
          Cliff Burton

Comment

if i remember correctly its just a plastic holder for the wire thats screwed in to the bottom of the pick up. i just removed the screw and plastic. i'd check for you but i dont feel like pulling my pick up out. hope this helps

Comment

If you are looking at the guitar on a stand, that plastic clip should be on the bottom right hand side, closest to the bridge.

Comment

Yep. That is correct. I use these in just about everything I have. Anyway. You can remove the clip as stated above I always do.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder View Post
                  I have a Charvel Model 6 and I just wired up a Dimarzio X2N. I don't know if maybe I have put the p/u in upside down or not. It sounds fine but there is a small plastic clip on the underside of the X2N that makes it kinda weird to run the lead wires from the lower right side coil over to the control cavity. I have it now installed with the lead wires running from the top left of the upper p/u coil. I was just wondering if anyone can help me out with the placement of this p/u. I want to have it installed correctly if all things possible. Thanks!!!
                  When I had an X2N in my Model 6, I had installed exactly the same way yours is. No need to worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                  X