Floyd Rose Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose Installation

Who can provide an estimate on how much it is for a Kahler Pro trem to be converted to a Floyd Rose? And, a Floyd nut too? $200? Let me know...
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Re: Floyd Rose Installation

I can give you step-by-step instructions on how to do it [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Just send me a pm and I'll help you out [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Joe, are you planning on plugging the kahler hole? if not you should be able to do it for 2 bills, installed and setup. Normal floyd installs are usually around 150. It will look like a deep ass recessed route and you have two holes exposed from the kahler. If you fill the hole it will need to be refinished to make it look right. I have been debating for a couple months on doing it to a san dimas charvel I have as I cant live with the kahlers. I would take 6-8 weeks for that to be done by Lee, at least that was the timeframe whenI inquired about a while back...of course if you don't fill the hole you could do it yourself for free [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] in a lot less time

[ October 26, 2003, 08:07 AM: Message edited by: Shawn Lutz ]
      shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ October 26, 2003, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: Shawn Lutz ]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

I wouldn't do it without plugging the kahler route because the finished prouct looks very sloppy, although it will function. On the upside, the kahler pro route is fairly easy to plug and from there it's just like starting with a fresh body. It will require a complete refin. I did this conversion on a model 4 and it turned out great. As for cost, I doubt you could have it done for 2 bills unless you were going to do the refin yourself.
          My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

OK, thanks, guys. I have two SD Soloists that were already converted and the holes were plugged but the finish was not redone. They don't look too bad. But I have a Rhoads with a Kahler that is just begging for a Floyd. I would definitely want it pro done, sorry, Thoraby! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] And I would have it refinished later anyway.
            "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
            Gotta get away from here.
            Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
            Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
              OK, thanks, guys. I have two SD Soloists that were already converted and the holes were plugged but the finish was not redone. They don't look too bad. But I have a Rhoads with a Kahler that is just begging for a Floyd. I would definitely want it pro done, sorry, Thoraby! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] And I would have it refinished later anyway.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Dude, what are you talking about? My work is at least TWICE AS GOOD as any certified guitar repairmans!

I ASSURE you! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmm, twice as good for half the price? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X