Nazi's of NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazi's of NAMM

I don't know about you, but I thought that the security guards at NAMM were extremely agressive and in-flexable. I am presently working as a consultant for a entertainment/music store, the owner of which gave me a ticket on sunday that someone did not pick up......Needless to say, I easily got in to the main show, Got to spend time at the Kahler booth and cked all those new cam-trems out......Floyd better watch out....I may buy five pro units for replacment in my Charvels!

But at the end of the day, when I wanted to visit theFender/Jackson/Charvel booth (up stairs) I was refused enterance because I did not have my "photo" id.....It was obvious that I had just come from the main convention room, but two sets of Nazi security guards refused to allow me to pass.....and I was just to tired of walking around the 20 miles of booths to put up a decent argument......And you know what, I don't know anyone who made it up stairs to the fender/jackson/char booth, either ! Sooooo, they have lost my "word of mouth" for the year......!

Did anyone else find security a bit "over bearing"?

The only thing I encountered was when we were entering the main hall when we 1st got there. They told me I needed a waiver for my stepson who is 14. They told me whee to go get it and it took all of about 5 mintues to do, then they put a sticker on his badge and all was good to go.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but everyone knows that you need to have a photo ID with you incase they do check, it's on everypiece of paper that comes with your badge. SO what happened with you? I actually never saw nor has it ever happened to me, and this is my 3rd show where I have gone multiple days

I don't know anyone who didn't make it upstairs, and there are alot of other companioes up there and they don't run the security at the escalators. So don't be mad at J/C.
    Last edited by VinceV; 01-23-2007, 10:59 AM.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

The guys were doing their job, yet you call them Nazis?
      "POOP"

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
        The guys were doing their job, yet you call them Nazis?
        It`s true
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I did not get asked for a photo ID for anything while I was there. Are you a suspicious character?:ROTF:
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I never saw anyone have to show a photo ID. I went upstairs 3 times to the J/C booth (other manufacturers were upstairs also by the way). I gave my badge to a co-worker the next day with the warning he might not get in due to the photo ID mention on the badge, and he wasn't checked either (and he made it to the J/C booth).

There were several ways to get upstairs, (elevator, stairs at either end, etc.), you should have tried one of those (which would have had different set of security guards).

Comment

"No guitar for you." :ROTF:
              www.godwentpunk.com
              www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Securitzy generally operates within the guideli9nes the event organization has set.

In other words: If you had an issue with "over bearing" security guards or as you call them Nazi´s (which IMO is a very misguided term at best, more on that in a sec), then take it upp with NAMM

Now: is someone at McDonalds also a Nazi just because he won´t give you burgers for free?? He´s also only doing the exact job he´s being paid for, no more, no less. Or are cops Nazis becasue they bust drug dealers? Firemen Because they put out fires?

Comment

Funny you mention that, I thought they were extremely lax compared to the previous year - I had my bag checked only once coming off the floor, as opposed to every single time last year...I guess it's all relative!
                  Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Let's all get up on ou high PC horses Jeeeezuz! Fuck men...relax!

Yeah, sounds like security was just doing their job...and it probably has zero to do with the actual guitar companies but shit...

I doubt that scaristei really thinks that security were ready to gas 6 million any time soon.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I had a badge that didnt belong to me as well. I knew going in that I could get tossed on my a** at any time. I made it thru two days without so much as a hiccup, but if i got caught, I dont see how I could be upset......
                      "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Sorry guys, but maybe you weren't there on Sunday. Security was extremely tight that day because of all the people who sell there badges after leaving on Saturday. My buddy gave an extra pass for Sunday, which obviously didn't have my name. We watched at 10am and at every entrance they were checking IDs... all of them. My buddy is sneaky and we found a hall way where no one asked and it led into one of the rooms and I was in! But I really wanted to see the J/C booth upstairs, so I left the main hall. I looked at every escalator/elevator/stairs. There was security checking IDs at every single one. Finally the guy at the stairs walked away for a second and I sprinted up them only to find another guy at the top asking for my ID, "oops, I left it in the car", and down I went. I finally tried the escalator because I thought the girl wouldn't be a hard ass. She looked at my ID and then snatched my pass from me! My buddy was able to get it back from her a few minutes later. We walked around to the back where they were loading the huge crates. He had two kids so the lady just checked his ID and let all 4 of us in. I figure I was damn lucky to get in both times, but never got to J/C.
                        Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                        www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I had one person ask me for a photo id at the North end, I think it was the North end, entrance. It brought you into a the arena area. That was on Saturday. They are just doing there job. Show your ID and move on.
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I assume you don´t know the meaning of NAZI so please check out before you call someone one of them.

Comment

Yeah, the only time I saw them checking photo IDs was Sunday. Didn't seem like a big deal to me....

Comment

Working...
                              X