Whammy bar issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whammy bar issue

I can't figure this out. I have OFR bars. Both of them are the same thread and both of them are too short to screw into my Jackson Kelly Professional. I believe my Kelly has some sort of a JT580 on it. Its got the long locking screws that stick out of the back of it like an OFR. The bars that I have are OFR bars but they are too short (the threaded part on the bars is not long enough to reach the threads in the trem). Any ideas??? I really need to get a bar for this guitar. The bar from my Washburn N2 fits it if thats any help. The Washburn has a 600S on it.

i dunno...maybe you can put a Schaller collar on it, and it should come with a bar and then you can retro-fit it and be good? i got them from Stew-Mac for like 11 bucks i think. well worth it!
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

I'd retrofit a schaller collar trem on it too. Or... take that guitar to guitar center or a local music store, depending on how much business you do there/how well they know you and see if they can source something to fit. I didn't get a trem arm with my '01 PRS, so I took it to GC and they dug around in their junk box and gave me a PRS trem arm *and* a truss rod tool for it. That reminds me, I need to post that since everyone always has bad stories about GC.

Pete

Comment

Working...
      X