What's the deal with the EVH Amp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with the EVH Amp?

Great sounding 3 and 4 channel amps give me huge woodys so I NEED more info. The darn 4th video on YouTube from NAMM ends just when more info and playing was going to happen. Anybody have any links/pics/info--anything further on it?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

What I heard is that it is still not released yet. Eddie was playing the prototype at NAMM
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

That's correct... it's not available yet.
      Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

It sounds like it has monster tone! Dry as Eddie say's. Or, is it in his fingers?
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Or is it in his fingers? Remember that story about how Ted Nugent tried
          out ed's stage set-up, and told Ed's guitar tech to "Crank it on up"?
          Well, supposedly Ted was upset, that even after about 10 minutes
          he didnt sound anything like EVH! He just sounded like Ted, with a
          "Browner tone".. :-)) So maybe 80% of it is in the fingers?

Comment

Amp sounds very nice. I get the impression it's just 2 channel, though, but I may be wrong.
            My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              Or is it in his fingers? Remember that story about how Ted Nugent tried
              out ed's stage set-up, and told Ed's guitar tech to "Crank it on up"?
              Well, supposedly Ted was upset, that even after about 10 minutes
              he didnt sound anything like EVH! He just sounded like Ted, with a
              "Browner tone".. :-)) So maybe 80% of it is in the fingers?

I remember when VH was in sweden during "Right now live" tour, he used one of our (the store i was working in) Kramers and a Marshall Micro half stack (the super small size for your belt MS-2) and THAT sounded like EVH!!!
              So, yes it´s in the fingers!!!

Comment

Are you guys talking about tone or sound?

One can be copied, the other is more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                  Amp sounds very nice. I get the impression it's just 2 channel, though, but I may be wrong.
                  I could've sworn I heard him switching between at least three distinct sounds...betting it's a 3-channel.

Comment

Will be very interesting to see these when they're out - how they sound/sell/are marketed, etc.

Comment

Like the frankenstrat replica, it will be as much as a new car or in some places the price of buying a smaller house. You know its gonna be way over priced for what it is....an "amp".

Reminds me of the more recent episode of Gene Simmons reality show, where he cough and sneezes into a kleenex and give it to Shannon and says, sell it on "ebay." People will give up anything and everything just to get an Eddie amp, even its ridiculously over priced, and knowing in their right minds they can't afford, and don't really need it because they already have several amps they don't use. All I would like to see, is Ed get cleaned up and put out a great rockin Van Halen CD, which we all know he's capable of doing, if he gets himself cleaned up.

Thats all I want, a good rockin CD from the legend himself. He could play and record it through a 10 inch speaker practice amp for all I care.
                      Last edited by Soap; 04-17-2007, 12:29 PM.
                      Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Yeah. I was bored and stopped by Ed Romans today. I was talking with one of the sales reps (pretty cool guy). He mentioned that they have 3 of the frankenstrat replicas on order and they are all sold. Bought buy lawyers that plan on using them as pieces of art. At 25K each I am not sure I would use it for anything other than art myself if I could afford one...

He said that many of the boutique/high end guitars they sell are being bought by people that do not play just to be used as art displays. Though I suppose this should not really surprise me.

Comment

Well, tell him I've got 2 coming that aren't sold yet.
                          Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

lol .. yeah ... Vegas just has too many lawyers with nothing to spend all thier money on

Comment

expensive guitars are cheap art.

I heard the EVH amp was going to be summer NAMM intro, but now...

Comment

Working...
                              X