Q about wires.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q about wires.

I need to rewire my guitar's circuit cause I'm gonna change the pots.And I want to make a solid and clean re-wiring.So,what kind or gauge(I think that's the right word) of cables should I use?
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Not sure about the gauge - I've been using all sorts of different ones. But I would recommend using multi-strand copper wires. Not "car wiring" thick, but not "telephone wire" thin either.

Comment

Stew mac sells wire order from them
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that using wire with too thick of gauge was actually worse than using wire with not enough because the very small amounts of current...I could just be remembering some strange dream I had though. I'd say look at what's in there now and try to match it.
        Scott

Comment

22-24 guage wire is optimal. You can pick it up at Radio Shack, Id recommend getting 4 colors such as red, white, black and green. Make sure to pick up some heat shrink along with solder flux... flux makes for a MUCH cleaner and better solder joint.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I use solid core - 22 I think. The stranded stuff was too flimsy for me, and the solid core stuff has as much (if not less) physical area as the braided/stranded.

Too much physical area and the current has too much wire to fill before it advances. Too thin and it floods the wire, causing it to burn (as is common on older Jackson circuits - those wires are entirely too thin and the current blasts through them, causing them to basically fry).
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Alright,thanks.I'll see what I can do.
              I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Too much physical area and the current has too much wire to fill before it advances.
                So I wasn't dreaming
                Scott

Comment

Working...
                X