Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel Relic Pics Request!!!

Would be greatly appreciated!!!

Ralph, if you are interested in a relic Charvel, please let me know. I think we can work something out. Go pick out a guitar as the basis for the relic from Matt's, Music Zoo, Chuck Levin's, or anywhere else. Have it shipped to me. In one year's time I will ship you a reliced guitar. NO UPCHARGE!!! Given the current CS turn around time I think this will get you one both cheaper and faster.
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

These are in my NAMM pics.

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
        Ralph, if you are interested in a relic Charvel, please let me know. I think we can work something out. Go pick out a guitar as the basis for the relic from Matt's, Music Zoo, Chuck Levin's, or anywhere else. Have it shipped to me. In one year's time I will ship you a reliced guitar. NO UPCHARGE!!! Given the current CS turn around time I think this will get you one both cheaper and faster.
        that is fucking great :ROTF:

and so true!

this "relic-ing" trend = idiocy
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

That's Fender for you. Morons.

Comment

the Eldred flame "relic" is a joke...the neck looks white new and untouched yet it looks like some 13yr old kid knocked it off the wall at guitar center while reaching for an ESP Metallica signature model and it got some chips on th bottom LOL. that's not a "relic" it's just damaged.

as for the yellow one..nice try, cooler than the eldred...HOWEVER a recessed floyd? why? 8 out of 10 charvel players i know don't want that, that's what jacksons are for.

plus lets not forget the 80s stratheads are all POLY, they wouldn't relic like this in the first place so the whole idea is a bit silly. however if they want to do it they could at least do it right and not 1/2 ass it.

-Mike
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I say don't do it at all.

Charvel is about new killer guitars and sick graphics for real players, not about making pretend-already-beat-up guitars for posers.

let's see:
              - absurd gouging new price list
              - quality control problems on custom guitar runs after long waits.
              - and now following this moronic new relic-ing trend

I'm am getting less and less impressed by Charvel by the day here.
              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Perhaps it's a way to cover up the mistakes they make on the custom shop guitars, relic them instead of replace them. No 2nds there all good now.

Comment

they were scratching the paint off to see where they put those sub bodies

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                    as for the yellow one..nice try, cooler than the eldred...HOWEVER a recessed floyd? why? 8 out of 10 charvel players i know don't want that, that's what jacksons are for.

Why? Because some players (me included) like to be able to pull UP on the bar. You say 8 out of 10 charvel players don't want that,and that's fine since 100% of the new charvels DONT have them,I would LOVE to see this become more of a standard feature on more and more Charvels,seeing how we've made progress in the last ohh I don't know 20 or so years.

Saying that's what Jacksons are for is plain silly. What's wrong with being able to have a STRAT body 22 fret guitar with a STRAT headstock + recessed Floyd? It's my preferred configuration,and I'm sure I can't be the only one.As far as I know Jackson does not make this. Charvel easily could,it's just an extra route and a different neck adjustment.

Come on Charvel lets see more recessed floyd guitars already!!!! The old school replicas and whatnot are fine for players that are into that sort of thing,let's move forward here and add some features to those of us that really want them.

At least this one guitar is a step in the right direction,whether you like relic guitars or not.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarWizard View Post
                      Perhaps it's a way to cover up the mistakes they make on the custom shop guitars, relic them instead of replace them. No 2nds there all good now.
                      Now that is funny.

I never understood the whole "relic" trend. I hate it when ym guitars get scratched or beat up. I certainly wouldn't go buy one that's already like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                        Why? Because some players (me included) like to be able to pull UP on the bar. You say 8 out of 10 charvel players don't want that,and that's fine since 100% of the new charvels DONT have them,I would LOVE to see this become more of a standard feature on more and more Charvels,seeing how we've made progress in the last ohh I don't know 20 or so years.

Saying that's what Jacksons are for is plain silly. What's wrong with being able to have a STRAT body 22 fret guitar with a STRAT headstock + recessed Floyd?
                        Well, it's a 21-fret guitar (look close, grasshopper) with a recessed trem. If they're trying to do an old-school relic/replica/whatever, they fucked up with the recess.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                          the Eldred flame "relic" is a joke...the neck looks white new and untouched yet it looks like some 13yr old kid knocked it off the wall at guitar center while reaching for an ESP Metallica signature model and it got some chips on th bottom LOL. that's not a "relic" it's just damaged.

plus lets not forget the 80s stratheads are all POLY, they wouldn't relic like this in the first place so the whole idea is a bit silly. however if they want to do it they could at least do it right and not 1/2 ass it.

-Mike

:ROTF: :ROTF: :ROTF:
                          Hilarious! (Some good points made, too).

Comment

Look even closer, grasshopper. To my eyes, it looks like a traditional non-recessed Floyd angle with a recess route carved out underneath. i.e., Like some older Charvels were modified over the years. That's consistent with the "relic" theme, I suppose.

Relic'ing ain't for me, but I understand why they did it the way the did.

Comment

Just as an FYI, my new Charvel (Tollkeeper) has a recessed Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                              X