Did anyone else notice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone else notice....

...that the Gibson-inspired surfcaster Jackson has a reverse strathead?

http://web.mac.com/melvinny/iWeb/NAM...?slideIndex=31

I didn't even notice the guitar originally as I thought it was one of the Mark Morton guitars so I ignored it (sorry, but they're grim looking guitars!), but a strathead on a CS Jackson could be promising......
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Interesting... A strathead with a Jackson logo that is not on a PC1.
    There may be some hope after all.
    -Rick

Comment

If you have deep enough pockets, obviously

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        ...that the Gibson-inspired surfcaster Jackson has a reverse strathead?

http://web.mac.com/melvinny/iWeb/NAM...?slideIndex=31

I didn't even notice the guitar originally as I thought it was one of the Mark Morton guitars so I ignored it (sorry, but they're grim looking guitars!), but a strathead on a CS Jackson could be promising......
        neilli, the guitar you are describing is not in that photo you linked....
        wrong photo?
        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Yeah it is - at the bottom right. You might have to expand the pop-up window....

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
            neilli, the guitar you are describing is not in that photo you linked....
            wrong photo?
            The guitar he is talking about is onthe very right of the photo. Here are full size pics.

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Another thread listed the specs for this.

"#74- Surfcaster Root Beer Burst $11,500
              285 2420 000 Root Beer Burst, 1/8” Flame Maple Top, Neck Thru, Chambered Mahogany Body, Reverse Licensed Fender® Headstock W/ Nineties Jackson Logo in Pearl, Seymour Duncan® Pearly GatesTM Bridge Pickup, 59 Neck Pickup, 3 Way Toggle Switch, Tunomatic, Bone Nut, 3 Piece Mahogany Neck, Rectangle Block Inlay, Rosewood Fretboard, 4 Dome Knobs (2 Tone, 2 Vol), Ivoroid Neck and Headstock Binding, Jumbo SBB215 Fretwire, Black Hardware, Gunstock Oil Neck, 24 frets, Sperzel® Tuners, Schaller® TP 6 Tailpiece, Natural Binding"

Comment

Unless otherwise denied, I would take that to mean that stratheads are now allowed on custom Jackson orders, too.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  Unless otherwise denied, I would take that to mean that stratheads are now allowed on custom Jackson orders, too.
                  It's on the current price sheet. The option is easy to miss because of the odd phrasing: "bend over and grab your ankles".
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                    Yeah it is - at the bottom right. You might have to expand the pop-up window....
                    gotcha, sorry, thanks

I like that guitar

and

I laugh at the price :ROTF:
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

As much as I like stratheads, IMHO the angled Surfcaster headstock matches the offset body style bettter.
                      |My CSG gallery|
                      (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                        It's on the current price sheet. The option is easy to miss because of the odd phrasing: "bend over and grab your ankles".
                        LMAO So True!

Comment

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o...Jizzmaster.jpg

Has been done before!

PS: My first attempt to post a pic so this will probably mess up.

Comment

Kevin Bond came up with that guitar at the Custom Shop Clinic last June. It's a nice guitar.
                            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

This guitar has a list price of $11K. It is available for sale, I've been trying all day to find out if the strat headstock is now available with a Jackson logo on it. It certainly appears this is the case. Also the blue one with the simulated carbon fiber strip down the middle (Ian... I got your message on this) is also available and has a list of $8K.
                              Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Working...
                              X