X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAMM 07 Pics are up!

http://web.mac.com/melvinny/iWeb/NAMM%2007/Welcome.html

Just got back, posted all the pics I have. I tried to get everything everyone asked for. Seems ther was no Mustaine guitar at the Dean booth(maybe tomorrow?). The Jackson Charvel stuff was kinda on the lite side I thought. All they really were showing in was the CS stuff, which really did not sell this morning, during the odering process. Only 4 of the 19 Jackson guitars got sold and 2 of the Charvels. There didn't seem to be alot new stuff. Peavey which for the past few years has had a wall of Wolfgangs/HP specials only had about 6(Hp Special) guitars on display. seems like that line just didn't take off the way they wanted to after Eddie left. Ernie Ball's area was bland this year usually every year it has a theme of some sort, this year nothing just a display and the employees dressed up in outfits from different decades but nothing new. ESP has some stuff I wasn't ecpecting 2 20th anniversary guitars a Kirk Hammet and a George Lynch, but were dressed up in MOP and the KH had a flame top and ebony board. I do like their new headstock that looks like it takes the place of the Smurf hat. I just kinda ran in took a bunch of pics and left. I will be going back Saturday and get more, so please let me know what other stuff you would like photos of.
    Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

BC Rich
    Rico Jr
    Moser Custom Shop (downstairs)
    ESP
    Carvin
    Caparison (probably downstairs)

Thanks!

Comment

Great stuff Vince.

The Jackson stuff is really disappointing though - with a couple of exceptions, it's just a bunch of std spec guitars with OTT graphics and silly prices. Why the hell do they insist in doing busy graphics on a totally standard front loaded RR1?....

Having said that, from those pics, not all the guitars listed on the FMIC NAMM sheet appear to be there - Soloist Archtop, Red Soloist with black neck for 2 instances....
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        Great stuff Vince.

The Jackson stuff is really disappointing though - with a couple of exceptions, it's just a bunch of std spec guitars with OTT graphics and silly prices. Why the hell do they insist in doing busy graphics on a totally standard front loaded RR1?....

Having said that, from those pics, not all the guitars listed on the FMIC NAMM sheet appear to be there - Soloist Archtop, Red Soloist with black neck for 2 instances....
        I noticed that too, I was curious what a $12000 cherryburst archtop was gonna look like. I really thought the JC area was bare no PC1s not alot of gear.
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Yeah, I noticed the lack of PC1s as well, and where's the star and surfcaster from the list? Maybe they're going to change things around over the few days, or maybe they just ran out of room?
          Popular is not the same as good
          Rare is not the same as valuable
          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thanx for taking the time to share the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Yeah, I noticed the lack of PC1s as well, and where's the star and surfcaster from the list? Maybe they're going to change things around over the few days, or maybe they just ran out of room?
              Maybe there is a guitar salary cap?
              Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

If you could make some photos of the neck through import BCRs, that would be greatly appreciated! Thank you very much for the pics you already uploaded - excellent stuff!

Comment

EXCELLENT PICS!!! THANKS Question from 24RR´s: are the headstock only bounded? It seems that the fretboards doesn´t have binding at all...

Comment

Thanks for uploading those for us man!!

Comment

great pictures, thanks!

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

great job on the pics! i really appreciate the jem 20th pics!!!

the j/c stuff was pretty underwhelming. in past years there was always a handful of guitars i was drooling over but i don't care for any of the CS finishes this year. the 24 fret rhoads is definitely very cool though.
                          I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

thanks so much, it's very much appreciated by guys like me who couldn't be out there with you -
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by kinde69 View Post
                              EXCELLENT PICS!!! THANKS Question from 24RR´s: are the headstock only bounded? It seems that the fretboards doesn´t have binding at all...
                              No binding on the neck, headstock only it looked like.

Comment

Working...
                              X