New Dean Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dean Lineup

As noted elsewhere here, Dean has posted their 2007 lineup, which I assume will be officially announced at NAMM. One of the highlights, of course, is the new Rusty Cooley guitar.
    I also noticed that there's no Dave Mustaine guitar. While technically this means nothing as they could be saving that announcement, I thought I would just put that forth for discussion. Thoughts?

I Hope Dave isn`t on Dean guitars...
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

They just updated Megafanclub with 5 views of the new Mustaine guitar? Anyone a member that can fill us in?

Comment

Just got back form NAMM, No Mustaine guitar at the Dean booth as of this morning
        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

They say no Dean style headstock at the Megadeth forum from the latest pics !

Comment

Well, they wouldn't post Dave's sig today if they're doing the announcement tomorrow?
            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I like the Soltero. Anyone know what scale it is? Doesn't seem to say on their website but probably 24.75". Any idea on the price?

Comment

I know the USA Soltero is EXPENSIVE. But gorgeous. Leslie's tone with it is to die for.
                Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I'm actually excited about the Dean lineup. I like that Schenker flame V a lot. Of course I expected Dime models out the wazoo, but some are pretty cool. I thought the 7 string version was a bit much though.

Comment

Yeah I did a search and found it on a dealer's page for $4k. I guess this one was actually introduced at summer NAMM last year.

I wouldn't buy one for myself but the split tails is interesting.

Comment

I like the new Dean line. Always have liked most of Dean's designs. It's just the $1,500-$2,000 upcharge for USA models. That said... I would love to get hold of the Leslie West Soltero or maybe this Razorback Flametop Or this New Model The Dean Factory is like 20 miles from me. I should go check that place out sometime.
                      Last edited by dd3keegs; 01-19-2007, 08:35 AM.

Comment

That's not a new model... it's a one-off made for Zakk ages ago.

I heard there is a non-USA Razorback V. Sounds good, but if it's the same deal as the normal import Razors, I'm still not quite ready to pay a grand US for a China made guitar...

Imo, that flametop Razorback looks like a cheap version of the old Washburn Southern Cross... Now that was a sweeeet guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by slash-ed View Post
                          That's not a new model... it's a one-off made for Zakk ages ago.
                          I'm assuming 2007 is the first year this USA Splittail model is being offered to the general public??? I may be wrong. The thing about the USA Razorback I like over the Washburn is it was designed by Dime Himself.
                          Last edited by dd3keegs; 01-19-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

The Splittail looks like what would happen if someone asked Neal Moser to make an SG
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by dd3keegs View Post
                              I'm assuming 2007 is the first year this USA Splittail model is being offered to the general public??? I may be wrong. The thing about the USA Razorback I like over the Washburn is it was designed by Dime Himself.

That guitar has nothing in the sense of design going for it. I am honestly amazed a large guitar company like Dean could decide to put smething like that out as a production guitar....Really bad case of th FUGLIES.
                              Custom Guitars, Refinish and restorations.
                              http://www.learnguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                              X