Jackson Licensed Floyd Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Licensed Floyd Problems

I have a Jap made Jackson PS4L with a stock floyd that I recently restrung from really heavy strings that I used when tuned to Bb, back to 10 gauge strings to put it back in standard tuning. However even after a full setup, I had to use 5 springs to get the bridge to stay parralel to the body, when needless to say that 3 normally suffices with plenty of leaway left. Anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

Stee

A drastic change in string tension normally requires an adjustment to spring tension. Sounds like you need to adjust the 2 screws that attach the spring claw to the body. Go back to three springs and tighten those screws if yer trem is leaning forward - loosen if it's leaning back.
    750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
    Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Already tried that to no avail the screws can be fully tightened and it still won't stay parralel. Like I said, I did a complete setup on the guitar after changing strings.

Comment

Springs are worn out.Get some new ones
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          Springs are worn out.Get some new ones
          100% on this? I'll try it ASAP.

Comment

Appears to have solved the problem, but need to judge with new strings, is this the most likely solution?

Comment

yea...springs wear out over time, and those sound like they are goners. thats the first thing i would try!
              My metal band Lucian Scott
              Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
              Available Now!
              New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Thanks a lot guys, I'm in the process of replacing a lot of shit on this guitar, it's a complete wreck, at least after all the bits I've bought, the only problem will be paint chips and worn frets.

Comment

Working...
                X