Plugs and Floyd screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugs and Floyd screws

I give up. I'm going to put dowels in the holes and use real Floyd Rose screws. I will make this guitar work. . Any tips?
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Step 1: Get a set of OFR posts & bushings, or better yet get Schaller since that was what that guitar came with. Not sure if they are identical or not. Someone else here will probably know.

Step 2: See if the bushings will fit with just a fair amount of pressure needed to seat them. If the holes are too tight, drill to the correct diameter for the new bushings. If the holes are just slightly too loose, glue the bushings in. If the holes are way too loose or damaged for some reason, then dowel & re-drill to the correct diameter.

I would definitely use bushings & posts rather than just dowelling & using screws.

Comment

A Desert Crackle is nice! Good luck, fett.
      +1 on dg's advice.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Number than I want to be. I have all the necessary parts. If I dowel those holes up and use the spacing measurement that I know I have, I would rather plug the holes up and use a small guide-hole than drill for studs and be way off. If I can't find what I need here, what choice do I have?
        Last edited by fett; 01-14-2007, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Fett, what's the story with the existing holes? Are they wallowed out & too big or something? They don't look screwed up in the pic. If you do end up having to dowel & re-drill, if you're nervous just start with a small drill bit and work up to the size you need. If you insist on going with the screws, you still have to be just as accurate. I'd use a drill press for sure, because any tilt in your pilot hole means your screws will be slanted, and that can mean the bridge will be out of alignment.

Comment

I have all that shit. I can't see straight. I only have one eye. That being said, even if I am off on the small guide holes I will make sure the screws are straight. Even if I fuck up, it's a lot easier filling a little hole than a whole stud set-up gone wrong.

Comment

fett, you have a PM

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                A Desert Crackle is nice! Good luck, fett.
                +1 on dg's advice.
                That, They are.. I have 2 of these so far..

The other is missing the middle p/u I have to find one to stick back in it...

Comment

those floyd post holes look huge, I bet JT-6 bushings would fit there nicely. But then again, good luck finding any of those in good condition

Comment

Working...
                  X