Fret ends/tangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fret ends/tangs

I just got a brand new Charvel and it has a severe tang issue/neck shrinkage. I am a little concerned about having them filed down. Is this covered by the warrenty and can this be done without marring the neck. If so where in So. Cal/ OC. I got the guitar for a good price.

Why are you concerned?The wood does shrink a little thats normal.Just oil the neck a little and see if that helps.Knocking the edges off is no big deal for a tech.You can tape the neck off and file the tangs smooth with the fingerboard then round the ends a little and you're done
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Problem is.... You *SHOULDN'T HAVE TO*... If you live near the factory, it shouldnt have changed from temp or humidity fluctuation..... Granted those "santa ana's" are really dry....

I'd try and get it fixed under warranty as it didnt see any harch conditions in transit to a different climate zone.... but I dunno if that would be covered or not-

Comment

The guitar came from the east cost and was NOS. I just don't want to spend $200.00 having the fret ends done on a new guitar.

Comment

You could get a refret for less than $200.00.
          I agree you shouldn't have to but the fact is the frets need attention.
          Filing the fret ends is a very simple thing to do any good tech can do it.It will take about 1/2 hr tops.If I liked the guitar and this was the only thing wrong I would get it fixed.I just did my new L.P. studio. The frets were not finished properly and the fret tangs were horrible.I took the file out and crowned them finished the sides and the guitar playes great.

Comment

Under $200 Not in So. Cal. I called 3 Charvel warrenty centers today and according to them the issue of it being covered under warrenty depends on who answers the phone when they call FMIC. If not covered $180-200 was the going rate. It's not only houses that are expensive in So Cal!

Comment

P.M. sent

Comment

Working...
              X