SL2H Soloist G String Buzzing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2H Soloist G String Buzzing

I'm getting a buzz out of JUST my G string between 2-14th frets. The buzz intensity peaks around the 7th fret, and is noticeable. The other strings are fine, it's just this one. Also, the action is not that low. How do you fix buzzing on just one string!? This is my Soloist, and I don't want any buzzing out of it! I changed the G string and it didn't help.

Thanks!

Are you sure it's the string and not the spring for the humbucker mounting screws or some other piece?

Are you using a wound 3rd or a plain?

Is your locking nut possibly worn?

Have you checked the neck to see if it has too much relief (leaning forward)?

Are you in a location that recently experienced a drastic change in humidity, barometric pressure, or other weather change?

Lastly, how long have you had the guitar?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Maybe adjust the fine tuner a little? I had a weird buzzing on my B string and figured out it was coming from the fine tuner area... tightening it to make the string a little sharp (pressing down on the string locking pin) made the buzz go away.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Is the action on that string set the same as the rest? The saddle or the nut slot might be a little more worn then the rest of the strings.

Comment

Working...
        X