would you pay to go to the namm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you pay to go to the namm

I want to go but can't get passes. I found a person willing to sell me passes. Is this ok or is it bad news.

According to NAMM rules and regulations, NAMM is a non profit organization- And only certain aspects of costs for members can even be tax deductible.
    Further, it is clearly stated in NAMM member agreements that passes are not allowed to be sold and doing such will forfeit membership and privileges.

Now if the seller is not a NAMM member and received the passes, then I'm not sure where that leaves the original member... all passes are traceable....

Comment

The NAMM passes I have had in the past had my name on them. I had to show ID when I picked them up.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

the person said the passes say "guest of the namm on them"

Comment

it sounds too much like a scam. i wouldn't pay to go anyway, i'm in the wrong country. i certainly wouldn't pay to go to any similar event (i'm told birmingham NEC will soon host an event). i just "watch this space" on this forum for the lucky people who did attend to post pix/news.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

My pass has my name on it.
            http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Would be pretty bad if you bought passes that said "guest of namm" on them and travel to NAMM on the 18th, only to find out it was a scam.
              http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Not that they have been inforcing it recently, but on the back of the NAMM badge it says "Matching Photo ID Required". Also on the paper the badge comes attached to it says "Photo ID is required when entering the trade show floor" and below that "Badge name must match name on photo identification".

Last year I wasn't asked for any photo ID when I had my badge on my shirt as I walked in....but you never know if/when they might choose to inforce the policy.

Comment

I didn't pay for the pass last year (thx JR !), but I had to for the transatlantic flight

Btw, the pass had my name on it.

Comment

Listen to the wisdom man, don't do it !

Comment

So how does one get passes?

Comment

I backed out> My son got mad but it is a four hour drive and hotel and all. so better say no.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack71 View Post
                          So how does one get passes?

I think they only give them to dealers and shit. I don't think they let the public in...Fags.
                          I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

You have to know someone who can get passes. I've been many times because I always had a connection to get passes. I've since lost those connections and now can't get in.

I would only buy a pass from someone that you know well, and only if the pass will have your name on it. Plus, I wouldn't pay in advance. When you get the pass in your hand and see your name on it, give your buddy the money. But if it's a stranger, forget it.
                            Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                            www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

I would only want to go if I could buy gear. Otherwise it would be just a big tease.
                              "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                              I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Working...
                              X