Need help on RR3 OFR swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on RR3 OFR swap

I need help ordering my OFR for a '06 RR3 I just got. I'm not sure what size of locking nut to order. They offer:
    R2 For 1-5/8" Nut width R3 For 1-11/16" Nut width Narrow R4 For 1-11/16" Nut width Wide R5 For 1-3/4" Nut widthIs there anything else I need?

Any help would be awesome.

P.S. I have searched the forums and haven't seen any RR3 specific posts.

Thanks,

-B-

I would advice you to keep the original locking nut, unless it is broken. The OFR nuts are taller than the licensed ones, so you would have to modify it to fit your guitar.

I would guess that the imports use R3 nuts, but I'm not sure. Someone will probably come along to help you shortly.

Comment

what you gonna do with the 580 on the guitar? if you dont want it...?
      My metal band Lucian Scott
      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
      Available Now!
      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Keep it or sell it I'm not sure yet. The collar where the bar goes into is broken off.

-B-

Comment

You could always measure it...?
          Scott

Comment

Use the existing nut and trem posts. Unless they are worn, there is no real benefit in replacing them.
            Most use an R3 nut, but as stated above, they are shorter in height than an OFR nut.
            -Rick

Comment

Cool thanx for the info, do you guys have any input on the difference between the Schaller and the OFR's?

It looks like a new Schaller would drop right in where the OFR's bolts that come out the back are going to be too long for the routing.

Comment

Originally posted by bmschrad View Post
                Cool thanx for the info, do you guys have any input on the difference between the Schaller and the OFR's?

It looks like a new Schaller would drop right in where the OFR's bolts that come out the back are going to be too long for the routing.
                and OFR will fit...the swap has been done before. it looks like it wont, but it will. the Schaller will fit as well i believe, but is more expensive, which i dont understand! LOL

as for the bridge...if you want to get rid of it, i wouldnt mind having it if its in decent condition. the broken collar can be fixed for cheap, ive got one laying around
                Available Now!
                New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

The RR3 uses a JT-580LP... an OFR will drop right it.
                  You don't even need to swap the posts out.

A Schaller would actualy look weird in there with all that extra space around it.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                    A Schaller would actualy look weird in there with all that extra space around it.
                    +1. I put a Schaller in my RR-X, and it made the route look a little goofy.

Comment

Cool thanx for the tips guys. Soc_monki I'll keep in touch with you on the original bridge. I still need to buy the OFR.

-B-

Comment

Cool thanx for the tips guys. Soc_monki I'll keep in touch with you on the original bridge. I still need to buy the OFR.

-B-
                        cool dude
                        Available Now!
                        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Working...
                        X