Strings falling off the fretboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strings falling off the fretboard?

Got another floyded neckthru axe but the high e keeps falling off the fretboard when I play her. This is an awesome axe but this problem is just so annoying. It happens mostly when I do pull-off licks on the high E-string.

There's actually more space between the edge of the fretboard and the low E than there is between the high e and the edge of the fretboard. Annoyafuckaling. I tried loosening the nut and pushing it sideways whilst screwing it back on, but it did fuck all.

The Floyd is seated right, all the saddles are seated right and the nut is seated right. Any solutions besides filling the old Floyd-post holes and nut holes and drilling new ones?

*points rifle at head*

Thank you
    /Thoraby

My 750XL does the same thing, even though the strings look perfectly aligned. I just try to be really careful with the legato.

So if I read this right, your floyd is placed off center to the treble side? In that case I would dowel and redrill for sure.

Btw, what guitar is this? Just curious.

Comment

Easiest possible fix....replace the Floyd lock-nut with a size smaller lock-nut....this will pull the strings in just a bit & usually solves the pita!!

Comment

Working...
      X