Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting together my own guitar, questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting together my own guitar, questions!

The limited run Charvel thing on this forum really got me thinking... what about a guitar that looked totally unassuming but could blast out the sickest metal tones possible?
    Of course it has to look almost exactly like that guitar, but with a maple fretboard instead of ebony. I am going to use a Fender body, with a Charvel neck I found on eBay (thinner then a jackson speed neck! with even fatter frets!), and then load it with a white pickguard and white painted EMG pickups.
    The only questions I've got are

- all the Fender bodies on eBay are routed for a fender-style trem. Can I fill this stuff in and just put a hardtail or string-through-body tune-o-matic on it? Or am I stuck with those holes?
    - when considering if a neck will fit a particular body, do I only have to worry about the size of the bolt pattern where it meets the body, or do I also have to consider a change in nut size?
    - as far as I can tell, maple is a really hard wood, like ebony, so it should have similar tonal qualities and be as nice to play. Am I on the right track there or is it not so nice to play?

If you want a Mojo Body contact me You won't have to worry about filling in any holes if you want a hard tail.

Comment

Originally posted by sakeido View Post
      - all the Fender bodies on eBay are routed for a fender-style trem. Can I fill this stuff in and just put a hardtail or string-through-body tune-o-matic on it? Or am I stuck with those holes?
      You can fill it in, but one thing - it wouldn't look much like a regular strat with a TOM on it??
      However - maybe you could find a strat body that was made for the Fender hard tail. That would at least mean no filling stuff in, except for the string-through holes.

- when considering if a neck will fit a particular body, do I only have to worry about the size of the bolt pattern where it meets the body, or do I also have to consider a change in nut size?
      I wouldn't worry about the nut size, but you might run into problems getting the neck heel to fit into the neck pocket on the body. I think the Fender neck pockets are slightly smaller than the charvel neck heels, so you would probably have to route the neck pocket to fit your neck.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
        If you want a Mojo Body contact me You won't have to worry about filling in any holes if you want a hard tail.
        wow! Those look great!
        I'm definitely going to get in touch with you about one of those.

Comment

http://www.guitarshopsupply.net/prod...67e9b9dcac8347
          there you go buddy its a hard tail converterfor a strat no filing or anything my brother did and it worked great
          "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
          X