Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bead blasted OFR?

Has anyone done it? Pics, please

Do you think it will corrode fast, if bead blasted and then treated with oil regularly?
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
    Has anyone done it? Pics, please

Do you think it will corrode fast, if bead blasted and then treated with oil regularly?
    I've lightly glass beaded chrome for some customers and so far so good. They wanted it to match the satin aluminum parts I've made. It's a gutsy move though unless you know what you're doing because you can burn through it if you hang in one area too long. Just "mist" the surface and take your time. Make sure it's good and clean before putting it back together though. The saddles will be a bitch to try and keep the glass out unless you pull the pins and do it that way.

I'll try to dig for some pics for you-
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Great, thanks. I once had a Rhoads control plate glass blasted. I think the plate was gilt (?) treated, and I wanted the shiny gold off. Anyways, the guy doing the job said to me, to oil the blasted plate now and then to keep the now satin finish even and nice. It worked.

What did you do to keep glass dust out of the pins? I guess you can't really do anything, but to massage them afterwards?
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Not sure what "gilt (?) treated" is, sorry. I never did a floyd either, I actually thought and suggested to the customer that it was a bad idea. I would do it for myself, if I was after that particular look, but I wouldn't take the chance of ruining someone elses trem.

The only pic I could find of glass beaded chrome that I did, was this tele of Chuks'. The pickup is one of the Iommi chrome covered pickups and he wanted it in satin to match the rest of the hardware. He was going to do this in blue stain I believe but never saw the finished product.

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Dave that is sweet! If you sold covers like that I'd buy 6 of them!

Comment

Working...
          X