random wilkenson trem question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random wilkenson trem question

do the bridge post inserts (the ones imbedded in the body), are they supposed to be sitting flush in the body or are they supposed to stick out a bit?

i have a guitar that has the bass side of the bridge with its insert flush into the guitar, whereas the treble side of the bridge's insert is sittin ontop of the wood.

does this make any sense?

am i in trouble here?

thanks so much, in advance!

I don't know if your in trouble but I had a mutt with a Wilkenson trem and the inserts were just above the body. They weren't flush but they weren't sticking out very far. They might have been sticking out a 1/16" at max. I replaced the trem with a Floyd or I would measure them again.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

ahh, thanks for the reply jack.

yeah, its so strange.

one insert is flush and the other is above the body, but not by much.

any other ideas?

Comment

bump?

Comment

My ESP LTD PH-600 with Wilkenson arrived today. The trem is in a recess and I can't get my calipers in there to measure exactly, but it looks like the treble side is about .020" above the wood while the bass side is about .045" above the wood.

I doubt if it matters any at all since the inserts are probably 3/4" long.

Comment

The inserts should be flush with the body a little above is OK.All the adj is in the stud anyway
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

hey guys, thanks so much.

I was worried because i didn't know if one of the inserts sunk into the wood, or if one was made to be flush with the body or if they're both supposed to be higher than the wood or what...

Comment

Working...
              X